Tuesday 10 April 2012

11th April

Good evening,
Jack My Boy was backed like defeat was out of the question but we knew our fate before halfway with that one and he is clearly not the force of old and this really was a tame performance. He arguably had good chances to win last year but found always found at least one or two too good and that trend looks to continue now.
The other one Sam Lord unfortunately finished the race lame and I'm not so keen to give up on this one yet. He looks handicapped to win and this maybe was a tricky contest today hence the price but there was some support for him so someone agrees with me out there! I'll keep an eye out for him for sure.

Tomorrow only Catterick interests me, the apprentice handicap is too difficult for me but I quite like Rios Girl who ran well on Monday and also Tagula Breeze is interesting in that last time returning from a 900+ day lay off he was in contention when turning home but faded up the straight which he was entitled to do I think!

Madam Macie has won the twice that she has returned from a break and once was at this track when she was the rag of the race at 66/1, she looks fairly treated based on her 4th over CD on last years final start. I don't think the wide draw is much of an issue as she tends to break well and likes to race up with the pace. David O'Mearas string are going well at present an Graham Gibbons is called upon for his only ride of the day.

14:30 Catterick
Madam Macie 1pt EW 9/1 B365, WH. 8/1 Lads


I may be back in the morning with one more.

2 comments:

  1. A very interesting selection Matt...
    Not really my kind of race - but I think it could dot up, if it is back to form !
    Certainly worth a small bet at the available price.
    A.

    ReplyDelete