Thursday 29 March 2012

Thursday 29th

Good morning, there were no posts or selections yesterday as I was in hospital have an operation. They put me on the 'morning list' but I didn't have the operation until 15:00 and I didn't get home until gone 20:00, swines. That means I missed all of yesterdays racing but I did have a lot of time to think about my previous 2 selections...

Community was a piss poor pick, I don't need people to tell me that and I tend to learn from my mistakes. I don't really have a good defence for it but I see a win a Southwell, a falling OR and first time blinkers in its form. My question was why it had fell so much in the handicap and could it be better than it has shown? A better question would have been why did it achieve a mark of 69 in the first place for winning a maiden? The BHA need better handicappers clearly!!
Anyway I got lead down the garden path on that one.

Bookiesindexboy was better but not that you would have guessed that in my staking, he is a difficult horse to work out as he travels really strongly but consistently finds nothing off the bridle. Horse like him are one paced and generally need a race set up for them, that nearly happened  and he finished a couple necks away from the winner, not a bad run then. I was loathe to put him up EW as I was sure one would get withdrawn to make it a 7 runner race which would pay 2 places. Of course 8 ran and he finished 3rd.
All in all not a very good day but one that I shall learn from.

I've not looked at today's racing so it will be another blank day but I'll be back this evening most likely with something for tomorrow.

Good luck if playing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment