Sunday 25 March 2012

Monday 26th

Good evening, I trust you have all had a relaxing weekend and the weather would have helped a great deal with that. The clocks have gone forward today which to me signals an important time of the year is looming... the flat turf season is nearly upon us! I can't wait for that. The number of potential angles into a race increases greatly and importantly the fields get larger which makes an each way bet a more viable option :)

It seems there is a little bit of hype surrounding my blog at the moment and it isn't hard to figure out why.
Rowan kindly gave me a rather nice mention on his blog The Portfolio Investor and in his recommendation I was mentioned in the same breath as Andrew over at The Vale Bettor blog. The reason for this is that he was among a few others one of the main teachers I had behind the doors of a closed forum, I learnt a massive deal from him over a few months and went on to do rather well posting picks in there. However what he has accomplished over the winter months is remarkable and I really enjoyed following as I'm sure many of you did but I am simply not in the class that he is in and I'd be over the moon if I could accomplish half of what he has over the coming months.  He is off the radar at the moment as the jumps season has more or less come to an end, but I do hope that he will available for me to still exchange emails with as I can assure you all that I still have plenty to learn! In fact I welcome any readers that I can learn from as I still have the desire to learn and become better at what I do.
Basically what I am saying is don't expect too much from me... yet! I still have to prove myself, this blog will give me a great platform in which to do so. I am quite confident in my ability but I welcome any challenges to my insight as for me that is the best way to improve.

Backing horses successfully obviously requires backing opinions the results of which are measured by profits made and prices achieved for those selections. Now we all have different opinions and my aim is to consistently have good ones and those which might be quite different to those which we read daily in the racing post spotlight section, my selections are always at a price that I consider 'value' and the average price quite a bit higher than some of you may be comfortable backing, so although the winners will come it might take a while and I'd not go crazy with stakes if you do chose to follow me.

Anyway now that I have got that out the way I shall move on to tomorrows racing at Lingfield...

15:15 Lingfield

Land Hawk was beaten favourite over this trip last time out and although strictly he has 1.5 lengths to find with Prince Blue in that race he was unlucky not to have finished closer. If you watched that race you'd have noticed that he was squeezed for room when trying to make a challenge and was eased home in the end not beaten that far, stamina didn't appear to be the issue. Today he is dropped in class but is 5/1 for a contest in which he started 4/1 favourite last time. I think that had he a clear run the order would have been reversed with Prince Blue.
Land Hawk 1pt Win 5/1 B365

16:45 Lingfield

I quite like the look of Dear Maurice in this as he races off a career low mark and has a decent claimer on his back in Noel Garbutt who claims 7lbs, he has won 3 of the 7 races he has ridden at this course. The horse has placed in 6 of the 7 handicaps he has raced off a mark of 75 or less and he gets in here from a mark of 67. He has run well from a break in the past and that was in fact at Lingfield. The other three times he has ran from a break he was going either on the wrong ground or trip. At the price it is worth chancing whether he is fit or not as everything else seems to be in his favour.
Dear Maurice 0.75pt EW 25/1 Lads, PP, 20/1 B365


Good luck.






3 comments:

  1. Really pleased to read your opinions Matt, best of luck!!
    Considering the people who are talking about you this blog should be something good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,
    I've just found your blog !!
    Best of luck with it - I'm sure it will be a great success.
    A.

    ReplyDelete